Thank you for participating. The winning bidders will be contacted via email soon.
Welcome to “Woo Bid Sooie,” the auction of the 60th Annual Journalism Days. J-Days is a program of the Walter J. Lemke Department of Journalism at the University of Arkansas. Auction proceeds raised here will support the journalism Student Travel Fund.
The Student Travel Fund benefits graduate and undergraduate students who want to attend professional organization conferences, for training and for other journalism-related opportunities. A committee of faculty considers the travel requests.
Later on this winter, we will showcase this year’s items. The auction began at 10 a.m., Monday, March 9, 2015. The auction closes at 10 a.m., Central Monday, March 30, 2015.
All proceeds received through this auction are for the purchase of a product or service and are not tax-deductible charitable gifts.
Rules for bidding
Enter your bid by posting a comment below the item description, at the “Leave a Reply” box.
- Earlier bids are posted in “comments” unless you are the first. The bid at the top should be the highest bid so far.
- Type in your bid in whole dollars.
- In the spaces indicated, write your full name and email address. Don’t worry: Your email address is safeguarded. It will not be visible on the Web, just to auction officials.
- Click on the Post Comment box.
- If this is your first bid in the auction, it will be “held for moderation” and not be visible until an auction official approves it. This is a security measure. Please allow one day for approval.
- Bids are accepted in chronological order.
- If you are the highest bidder at 10 a.m. Central, Monday, March 30, 2015, you will be contacted by the J-Days auction team with the item donor’s contact information and to arrange payment.
- You must pay online with a credit or debit card. High bidders will be emailed a secure payment link. Transactions will be processed through the University of Arkansas Ecommerce System.
- The conditions for the item are detailed in its listing. Payments should be made by Tuesday, April 7.
- Winning bidders are responsible for picking up their items. Winning bidders must take possession of their items by Tuesday, April 28. If the item is not available from its donor, they will be housed in the Lemke Journalism Department office, Kimpel 116. Pickup there is 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If an item has to be shipped, the department will obtain an estimate for packing, insurance and shipping, which must be paid in advance by its winning bidder.
For more information, contact Gina Holland Shelton, instructor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or department manager Marti Thomas at (479) 575-3602.
All proceeds received through this auction are for the purchase of products or services and are not tax-deductible charitable gifts.
The Lemke Journalism Department is part of the J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.